Tuesday, February 8, 2011

I'm back!! + Some hair talk

Sorry I've been away for a while, truth is I was feeling really tired these past few days so I didn't manage to edit any material I wanted to post.. Anyway, I hope next week I'll finally post some reviews I have been doing and also post some makeup tutorials. ( I have convinced two of my beautiful friends to participate!)

Having said all that, I wanted to stress an important issue - Hair. Lately it has been sooo cold and rainy here and I really had to take measures to save my hair, which I have been patiently growing for a year now, since my really short jaw-length bob cut which was proven necessary to take away all the dye damage I had done. From natural medium to dark blonde in just 3 years I had orange, pink, plum, chestnut brown, platinum blonde, purple brown and finally light brown - that was when I decided to cut it all off and grow my natural colour from scratch. Now, the previous light brown at the ends ha turned to light blonde and I finally have my exact natural colour with my natural highlights and all :)Plus, it is unbelievable how much healthier my hair is now - still not perfect though.

What I want to say is that people like me, who are obviously no hair experts and also refuse to get professional help with colour and maintainance should better leave the dyes alone.

Learn from my experience and don't experiment with different and wild colours in a short period of time and most of all don't do it on your own. A nice alternative to dyes and highlights is clip-in extensions in cute colours. I recently bought some baby pink extensions which add a little bit of colour without gradually destroying your hair shaft.

That was all for now, I am going to get a nice little 1cm trim from my mother now to keep these split ends away :) As for the colour journey I'm going to post some pictures soon!

Till then,
Dee

No comments:

Post a Comment